1. BigJul

2. Tenuta Stefan

Tenuta Stefan

3. SineQuaNon

SineQuaNon

• Je confirme, la 2eme bouteille servie ce soir la était absolument fabuleuse alors que la première présentait probablement un petit défaut. un vin majestueux et une texture d'un velouté vraiment incroyable.

• Note Audouze : La Tâche domaine de la Romanée Conti 2010 a une robe plus profonde. Le nez est relativement peu précis. En bouche, on est loin de l'idéal, avec de l'acidité, de l'amertume. Le vin est assez ingrat, d'un plaisir limité. Le vin est "crunché", réduit. En remuant fortement le verre, on voit apparaître la profondeur d'un fruit noir bien riche. Même s'il est rigide, on voit la promesse et la persistance extrême. Nous apprenons que notre bouteille est nettement moins bonne que l'autre servie

• Horizontale Domaine de la Romanée-Conti 2010 (Toqué! Montréal): Un vin incroyablement complexe au premier contact. La signature du Domaine sur ce millésime est évidente : parfum hypnotisant, floral, fruits rouges, finesse et élégance, équilibre d’école, et aérien. Un vin plus concentré que le Romanée-Conti servi à ses côtés. Finale explosive. 96-97

• Lovely sexy nose! Red berries, spices, perfume, tea, roses, burnt underbrush, expensive oak and punani.
    Lovely flavours :-) Very good acidity. Lovely mineral :-) But very light for a La Tache. Extremely feminim and subtle. My experience is that La Tache have more power to it than this one. To explain the energy in this wine I have to compare it to a Tsunami that never hit the shore. Extreme energy reveals in the middle of the ocean at the depth of 10000 ft, but you don't see more than a crumble on the surface.
    This is a school book example of transparency. Some green stalks that give this masterpiece more backbone.
    Long, long finish. Red berries left in my mouth :-)

This will be a perfect score in say 20 years.
    I must say that this wine performs even better today, april 21.
    The DRC 2010 is starting to close the door. My recommendation is to wait until 2019 - 2020.

• BREATHTAKING!! This wine was served blind to me and wow oh wow! The kind of wine that makes the small hairs rise and gives you goosebumps! And all of this blind! I'm not sure why I don't rate it 100 because my emotions with this wine were that strong, but I suppose there's always that little thing you can still improve? Not sure what that would be with this wine though. I will not try to describe it as I don't feel my humble writing skills would be able to do it justice. Ethereal, airy, bright, zappy, lively, incredibly intense, hovering above just about any other great wine I have had! Why lord, oh why is it so rare and expensive? Cannot imagine I would ever grow tired of this. The nitpicker in me found the oak slightly unresolved as the temperature krept up and with extended airing. I guess that keeps me from rating it a perfect 100 but please note that this is in no way doing this incredible wine any justice!

Burghound

JancisRobinson.com

• By Antonio Galloni
    The 2010 Red Burgundies (Feb 2012), (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine De La Romanée-conti La Tache Grand Cru Red) Subscribe to see review text.

Burghound

JancisRobinson.com

Vintage Tastings

• By John Kapon
    Epic European Vacation, 9/6/2011 97+ points

(DRC La Tache) When in Burgundy, time cannot be better spent than with Aubert de Villaine of Domaine de la Romanee Conti.  I had the pleasure of a morning visit with Aubert, who is serious yet compassionate, always full of knowledge and wisdom, and a true ambassador for Burgundy.  Whenever I think of Aubert, I think of the word gentleman, as he defines it. I will only write up one 2010, the 2010 DRC La Tache.  I could have written up the RC, but we all know that La Tache is usually better for the first thirty years :). This wine snapped, crackled and whipped its way to my heart.  Its terroir screamed inside my glass; the acidity was superb. It lingered like an intense orgasm, its black fruit dripping all over.  I better stop there.  I usually don’t give big scores to young wines, but the 2010 La Tache seemed like a no-brainer (97+).

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and Burghound and JancisRobinson.com and Vintage Tastings.