1. jeffm_fla

jeffm_fla

• Rich and lush on the nose as well as on the palate. surprisingly balanced level of fruit and tannins, although not as acidic as I would like to bring it all fully together. That said, for a big California cab, the Bordeaux blend style rounded it out in a very special way. has plenty of time left but certainly enjoyable now.

• Very good wine. I enjoyed it very much. Basically it has a very beautiful nose with no heat at all. nice black fruit. On the palate the wine is very good but not great. For me it lacked the long finish and finese. I can say that the marriage between dark chocolate and prune is a good one. Overall, the wine is very nice but for $150 I can think of better options. The correct price for me for this wine should be roughly $100...they are pushing it a little bit at $150. I still think the wine could reach the 94 points in my scale , but it will never reach a superstar status as far as I can see it. My main problem with this wine is the price, it should be $100 instead of $150

• At Meritage Friday night wine tasting. Really looking forward to this one but finished 4 out of 6 for me. Maybe too young but it just wasn't all together. Little rough and lacking soemething. Pass.

• Always a rich, plush wine. Great flavors and depth. Decanted about an hour before drinking.

• Tasted at Gemstone, pre-release. Still quite tight at the moment, not surprising as it is so young. Deep core of dark blackberry fruit. Nicely balanced, with velvety tannins and ending with a hint of chocolate on the finish. Excellent.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    May/June 2012, IWC Issue #162, (See more on Vinous...)

(Gemstone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Yountville) Subscribe to see review text.