1. bgoettert

bgoettert

2. Long Louis

Long Louis

• My last bottle of this - I really enjoy it. I think the profile has evolved a bit since my first bottle a year ago. Lots of blueberry, forest floor, spice to go with the cherry. Very nice mellow tannins to go with the high acidity and medium+ body and finish. Hard to put it down.

• unfortunately did not right down my notes…literally cannot remember…shit

• A somewhat transparent, bold dark garnet color. The best word to describe the nose is unmistakable. Dark red cherries covered by dust, with smoke, graphite, toasty dry wood and just a hint of licorice. Medium bodied and juicy with high acidity. Packed with a bit overripe, sour dark cherry and licorice. Quite intense with a chewy mouthfeel and a spicy finish. Really dry, but I would not call this austere. In many ways similar to the awesome 2008 version, but the fruit is considerably more ripe, unfortunately deducting points in terms of purity and brightness. Great structure, gripping tannins and solid precision, and yet totally ready to go. Still a good QPR and one of the better Chiantis out there overall, but I'm looking forward to drinking colder vintages of this.

• enjoyable but a bit modern for my taste

• Light ruby, clear towards edges. Cherry, cocoa, vanilla(not overly oaked though) alcohol (blows off to a degree but slightly out of balance) and some earthy notes.Bitter finish at the end that I don't enjoy. Tannis are medium but lighter than you'd expect for a 2010. Acid is medium minus. Finish is short. Overall a well made and solid chianti classico for the price but I don't see this going anywhere in future years. The review below about the K&L tasting is accurate.... I am wondering if they tasted a different wine also. Reminds me of most vintages I've had of Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga. Drink next few years.

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com.