1. nostromo99

2. AnonymousCoward

3. Andrew67

• Gorgeous. Lovely Coonawarra Cabernet nose - plenty of cassis and blackcurrant. Loads of sweet, ripe fruit on the palate. Very good length, with a bit of grip, but the tannin's very well integrated. If I have a criticism it's that the wine lacks a bit of concentration, but then, the delicacy is admirable, given the fruit density. A lighter style, but a very drinkable one.

• Much better than the first bottle I drank. Cassis, blackberries and a hint of oak on the nose. Good fruit core with solid acid line on the palate. Slightly grippy tannins.

• A very nice example of a Coonawarra cabernet. Limited notes but I will say it needs decanting to open up. Its also still quite young.

• A 007 Licence to Kill 95/100 (4.2/5.0) from me. This was my second bottle of this Aussie Cab Sauv legend. Woolworths Wine Group have been shifting these 08s between $38 and $55 a bottle, depending on the deal and outlet. Which is great for the everyday man wanting to spend a bit more to try such a wine. I see from the reviews below many of those people are happy, as am I.

It's aged so well, right in my personal sweet spot of 5-8 years. The classy fruit dominates the nose and palate. I'd liken it to James Bond: ageing, but athletic and alluring, and classy with a bit of an edge. For me, the 08s are drinking so well now. Balancing the black fruits with the secondary ageing characters from the French Oak. But maybe 2018 is the year to really enjoy these great WineMarket bargains. Enjoy if you got these too.

• (Mich&Bo@LangtonsVI) Similarly restrained as the 2010, dark fruits, but seems more youthful than 2010. Yummy!

James Halliday Australian Wine Companion

NOTE: Some content is property of James Halliday Australian Wine Companion.