1. njc2o

2. Decaturwinedude

Decaturwinedude

3. Jason Rzutkiewicz

Jason Rzutkiewicz

• Very cloudy color. Like I left some rusty nails in water for a few days then urinated in the glass. I mean the color, at least. The smell, on the other hand, is very mineral driven, with some zesty green pepper and grilled zucchini skins as well. Something about it seems a little volatile as well, though. Palate entry is fairly subdued, with a slightly creamy, yet rocky frothy texture... it feels like drinking cloudy water from the bottom of a rock quarry. Tastes very minerally as well. Really no fruit to speak of, just dusty rocks with maybe a hint of lemon on top. This transitions to the finish, but here you also get some lemon and cantaloupe rind as well as heavy salt water, tons of minerals, and a wall of acid. If I read this note I'd think I'd love this wine, but for me there's still something a bit lacking. It's interesting for sure, but I wish there were more fruit to balance that awesome minerality. It's a bit too one-trick for me.

• A bit cloudy in appearance. Juicy, bright wine with interesting lemon, lime and tangerine flavors. Lively and interesting, but at what I paid for it ($45), a bit over-priced.

• Dinner at Public in New York. Great food wine with appreciative 12.5% alcohol. Kudos.

• Cloudy. Funky. Bright yellow fruit with some twang. Vibrant energy. A tad sweet with orange juice flavors. Herbal, too. Interesting wine.

• (12.5%) Cloudy (with a chance of rain) in the bottle. Full bodied goodness with depth and a tart, tight, spiced finish. Great texture. A whole lot happening here that I won’t even try to capture but will instead just enjoy. Seems this one will only get better with time (which I did not give it)…

Wine Geek Notes: Skin and concrete egg fermented, ~5 barrels (250 cases) made