• Roasted Plums, Blueberry pie, and mushrooms on the nose. Started with some diesel fuel and burnt rubber also, but that blew off. I found this wine much bigger and jammier on the palate than other CT reviewers indicated. Rasberry preserves, blueberry pie and Some lift through the finish. What I would ID as reductive notes were distracting in the beginning, but seemed to blow off.

• Brought to friends' house for dinner Fri night. Popped and poured. Nose of dark fruit and a meaty essence. Rather simple palate of blueberry, earth and some hints of chocolate. Quite soft on the palate and not much on the back end. I expected a little more here. A decent quaffer, but nothing too remarkable.

• Some time in the cellar has certainly improved this wine. wish I had some more.

• Saw this on the wine list at 333 Waterfront in Newport. Rather than pay a cork on my Novy, opted for the Lucia and not a bad price for $58, which came with a nice decanter and quality stems. Wine is still showing some youth and structure, even after air in the decanter. Shows more of the red fruit (cherry) and then black (blackberry and plum), but both are perceptable. There is also some espresso and a hint of pepper, but the latter is not as large as I would have expected. Overall, a little leaner than I anticipated but still very good and went well with the meal. I need to try a bottle of my 2003 from the cellar and see how they compare.

• @ Balboa, from winelist. Medium bodied red. A little spice and some flowers on the nose. Fairly restrained cherries and spice palate. Nice but doesn't have that extra dimension tonight.