1. soccerwine

soccerwine

2. ClubTerry

ClubTerry

• Purple in color. 15.24% ABV. Dark fruits, stones, kirsch and crushed stone on the nose. Full in body and supremely elegant. Plums, black cherry, grilled meats and anise on the palate. Tons of structure. This wine needs a few more years in the cellar.

• Nose of grape juice. This smells like a cheap merlot or zinfandel. More and more I find I enjoy Efeste wines less and less. Nothing wrong with the bottle, just no longer my style. Since I have more Efeste wines than any other producer, I decided to cancel my wine membership. I need to either drink these or let them age a bit before coming back to them.

Palate was unremarkable. I am writing this an hour or two after finishing my first glass and, to be honest, I can't remember any details. Very young ... Very fruity ... Very New World ...

• By Stephen Tanzer
    November/December 2012, IWC Issue #165, (See more on Vinous...)

(Efeste Wines Emmy Stone Tree Vineyards Wahluke Slope) Subscribe to see review text.

Washington Wine Report

• By Sean Sullivan
    12/12/2012, (See more on Washington Wine Report...) ***** points

(Efeste Emmy Southern Rhone Blend Stone Tree Vineyard Wahluke Slope) An aromatic wine full of brambly fruit flavors, pepper, light meaty notes, floral notes, and crushed rock. The palate is weighty and textured showing incredible polish and grace. 75% Mourvèdre, 16% Syrah, and 13% Grenache. Aged 15 months in neutral French oak puncheons. 15.24% alcohol. 136 cases produced

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and Washington Wine Report.