1. pvewino

2. RohzWine

RohzWine

3. JHumps

JHumps

• Opened and drank after aeration. The wine opened up after about 2 hours into a very good wine with flavors of chocolate covered cherries. Take the time to let this one develop instead of drinking right away. Not as good the second day.

• A nice, typical Napa cab. Nothing crazy, but not bad. A good value.

• ....And here's why I love wine: I'm thinking something went wrong with this bottle. Unlike the majority of solid comments and my other tastings of this gem from Pritchard Hill, this wine is green, no fruit, bitter orange finish. I've tasted corked wine; think wet cardboard, but this is another type of funk. Fortunately I have another bottle in the wine room to try. As I'm writing I'm swirling Dervishly trying to transform this inky concoction into what I anticipated. The nose is taking shape. Wet Earth, licorice, and black currant. As this warms up from 58F cellar temp it's starting to offer a glimpse of the future and the now obvious revelation that I pulled this cork way too soon. This is an amazing example of austerity and youth in a wine with great aging potential. Wait for it and you will be rewarded.

• Been a bit since I drank it, but yeah. Solid as always.

• Excellent pedigree! Very jammy on the nose, with loads of alcohol (14.9 to be exact).

On the palette, there is loads of smoke and barrel toast. Lots of cinnamon and dark cherries. Tannins are perfectly balanced. Texture is sublime, to die for, actually. Super ripe in terms of mouthfeel and texture. Outstanding wine, which I think I have underrated in terms of the points.

I'm hunting for more, period. :0)

• By Stephen Tanzer
    May/June 2013, IWC Issue #168, (See more on Vinous...)

(Chappellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Signature Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Antonio Galloni
    2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: An Epic Vintage (Dec 2012), (See more on Vinous...)

(Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Signature Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.