1. dsikorski

dsikorski

2. wmccone54

wmccone54

• Had a bit of a vinegar note on opening the bottle and if i'm looking for it, can smell the same in the glass. Otherwise enjoyable. I intend to drink the other bottle I have soon, and maybe decant it for a bit first.

• Drank this over two days, and this wine was much improved from Day to Day 2. Initially, it was a bit disjointed with some odd (at least to me) flavors. In sharp contrast, on Day 2 it was very enjoyable. Smooth, a hint of sweetness, just excellent -- as ryestraw noted -- wonderful top to bottom. I suspect it has a few more years left, although for some reason, I am not certain that the improvement I noticed across the two days was due to a lack of maturity. For reasons that are not clear to me, I think it needs some time to open up. I hope to remember to allow the next one to sit open for a while before I start.

• Not much experience with Alsatian Pinot Gris, but this is just wonderful top to bottom.

• Very deep golden color, clear and translucent. Medium plus body, with a big aromatic nose of honey, apricots, and apple cider. Rich, and round mouthfeel with lots of complex flavors: raw honey, sweet juicy apricots, spiced apples, and some minerality. As many Alsatian wines go, seems a bit flabby at first, but in spite of the initial sensation, its really well balanced. A bit unusual, but very good. I think this will drink well for another 1-2 years.