1. deatovino

deatovino

2. tuxboxxer

tuxboxxer

• The first time I tried this wine in December 2012 I thought it was just average and nothing special. I tried another bottle today (October 2013), and wow what a difference 10 months in the bottle makes! There is a luscious savory quality to this wine that is irresistible. I had this wine with grilled chicken legs and grilled baby bok choy and it drank wonderfully. I think it would be versatile enough to pair with a variety of other foods too though. The color in the glass is deep clear ruby, and the nose is fragrant and perfumed. There is a nice bite of acid on the palate, rounded out with bright red fruits and soft tannins that make it pair well with grilled meats. This wine also has impressive length. It's a well made wine at a reasonable price point. My wine merchant says it's the perfect wine to grab on a Tuesday night when you're making dinner. I couldn't agree more! I think I will be buying more to stock up for those future Tuesday nights.

• Not getting any cherries or fruit at all. May have a bad bottle. No usual notes of corked just really really sour with no taste.

• Strong dark cherry flavor with a good amount of sour cherries, too. Balanced fruit and acidity make it a good solo drinker or a match for Italian food.