1. Cow Town

2. FranklinSix

FranklinSix

3. tcosgriff

tcosgriff

• Opaque purple - no red here. Wow - there is a lot of perfectly pure fruit on the nose. Big and intense on the palate but somehow not too much for me. This is not a style I gravitate towards but I cannot think of a better example. What the heck - this is kind of fun every now and then. Glad to have a supply. Will be fun to follow. Hard to see how this and the La Chapelle come from the same grape. That's ok - I like them both. Lots of tannin - still needs time. (94)

• I was surprised to find this still too young. I had hoped it would be time but it is still showing its youthful uncertainty and was tannic. I suspect about another 2-3 years will round this one off. ��That said, it did not appear to have as much depth as I hoped but this is undoubtedly clouded by its tannic structure. I'll revisit this in 2017. By then, I hope it's true character will be reviewed. And, I suspect I will discover its depth we more subtle and gentle, but present.

• Needs more time, more tannic than typical SQN. Also, more muted nose

• Memphis SQN Dinner (Erling Jensen, Memphis, TN): Inky opaque color featuring incense, black fruit, candied boysenberry and barbeque sauce aromas. Full-bodied and firm, with an abundance of dark fruit along wit vanilla and boysenberry flavors. Lengthy finish is dominated by vanilla and black fruit. This will need some time.

• A big, full bodied bruiser of a wine. Meaty and fruity nose. The palette was inky and concentrated with bright red fruit and just a little hint of spice box. Quite a bit of grip (almost too much), and a lengthy finish. Top notch wine, but a little too young to drink (compared to what it will become).
    9-18-9-9

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• By Josh Raynolds
    November/December 2013, IWC Issue #171, (See more on Vinous...)

(Sine Qua Non Syrah This Is Not An Exit Sta. Rita Hills) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Antonio Galloni
    Santa Barbara's Stunning 2011s (Jul 2013), (See more on Vinous...)

• By Josh Raynolds
    November/December 2012, IWC Issue #165, (See more on Vinous...)

(Sine Qua Non Syrah Eleven Confessions Vineyard Sta. Rita Hills) Subscribe to see review text.