1. fclarity

fclarity

• My Birthday Dinner.

A sleep walk.

Close and open then close again. Good texture and great balance but the best is a super long finished.

It will be great performance and beautiful in next 2 years. I must get another bottle to find out.

Last time was a better feeling even it was a little bit too young.

So...tonight, Henri Jayer is the winner...again.

" Cros Parantoux 1992 " is also much better than Romanee-Conti 1992.

• Where the 99 is a perfect wine the 1990 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée-Conti is a perfect drink right now. It engages the drinker with its titillating perfume of rosé petals, beef stock, soy, hoisin and raspberries. It is full, round and sweet, with the most sensual of lacy textures and flavours that fan out and drive on for an eternity. It is supremely well balanced.

• I organized this event in Bangkok on December 14, 2010 [ 7 people ]

Get fresh with NV Champagne : Magnum bottle

2008 Vosne Romanee : Emmanuel Rouget 89+/100 [ Getting into Vosne Romanee ]

2003 Echezeaux : DRC 95/100 [ The powerful, best ever made ]
    1999 Grands Echezeaux : DRC 98-99/100 [ The truly vintage expressed, great structure ]

2000 Romanee St. Vivant : JJ Confuron 94/100 [ The very beautiful, my WOTN ]
    2000 Richebourg : Mongeard Mugneret 91-92/100 [ The good combination of terroir and the style of the vintage ]

1990 Romanee Conti 98-99/100 [ The impossible, OMG ] Bottle No. 02835/7446
    1978 La Tache 97-100/100 [ The powerful in light ruby jacket ] Bottle No. 012974

1988 d'Yquem 99++/100 [ I'd like to rate it 100/100, my best Yquem, the elegant ]

Big event has gone but I'm still.

Full tasting note will be here when I can get back to the real life.
    .....................................

If there is only 1990 Romanee Conti on the table, it surely takes my breath away so far very much indeed.
    But...when I starts flying away...direct to the moon, La Tache 1978 drags me back to feel the full dimensions of all great wines can be.
    Anyway, Conti 1990 is very very special wine, the plenty of beautiful scents, many Burgundy terroir intermixed and included a promising tremendous spicy nose of the true character of Romanee Conti.

The Layers, the dimensions, plenty tiny jigsaws of scent are become one... dramatic, perfume...to be continued.

Everytime I put the glass stick to my nose, I totally forgot to drink it. I enjoy to smell this beautiful combination of great scents again and again.

Once I tasted it Wowww...the beautiful lady, texture was superb, balance was perfect, round and silky smooth with the very wonderful spiciness.

Aftertaste moves down and very gentle, roll-over like a slow-motion. Every movement takes long time to be finished.

I really want to drink it again and now I know how to deal with it.

Drink now - 2050......................98++/100.........................

Burghound

JancisRobinson.com

Vintage Tastings

La Paulee 2008 III, 3/30/2008 98 points

(DRC Romanee Conti) Ok, ok, fine! I’ll have the 1990 DRC Romanee Conti. All I can say about the 1990 is that it left no doubt who is the heavyweight champion of the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld…Romaneeeeeeeeee Contiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    A Week of Golden Cellar Drinking, 11/3/2007 98 points

(DRC Romanee Conti) There was one last wine that I remember, a 1990 Romanee Conti, also courtesy of Dr. Conti, of course. It was consistent with the bottle that I had at Le Cirque eleven days prior with Rudy, Eddie, Ray, Roger, Doug and the Burghound after one of the ‘Burghound in the City Weekend’ sessions, where we tasted about 30 different 1982 whites and 1962 reds. That night at Le Cirque, we also had the ’71, 78 and ’85, but that is another story! Back to the RC at Cru, the last bottle that I can remember having. It was good to see such a young RC deliver both enjoyment yet still have such promise. There was a wealth of red fruit in both the nose and the palate. The wine was rich like nobility, and its finish was one of a perfect, endless summer. It was mouthfilling and gripping, seizing the attention of my tongue and letting me know who was still the top of the mountain. Cascades of red fruit continued to develop with each sip, and the structure and t ‘n a here were not joking around. Hell yeah
    La Paulee, 3/28/2005 96+ points

(Romanee Conti) This bottle was stellar; gritty, intense and spicy with lots of alcohol and white pepper (

NOTE: Some content is property of Burghound and JancisRobinson.com and Vintage Tastings.