Community Tasting Notes (2)

• This came off to sweet for me. While made organically, which I appreciate and support, the flavors are not my thing. The chocolate is too sweet, like a tootsie roll flavor. I would have liked to have more bitter and savory qualities to the chocolate.

• -- crown-capped 550mL bottle --
    -- tasted non-blind from a tulip glass --

NOSE: expressive: milk chocolate and pipe tobacco; this smells absolutely awesome; pipe tobacco note weakens and chocolate note strengthens with time in the glass.

BODY: black color; ample head; medium to medium-full bodied.

TASTE: initially: liquid milk chocolate with great acidity; slightly sweet milk chocolate. After 10 minutes: a milky note starts to emerge, and the beer gets increasingly sweet and gross; I could hardly drink the rest of it. For the first 10 minutes/few sips, this beer was awesome, but after that it was downright nasty. I will not buy this again.