1. AlexGarner

AlexGarner

• My palette has grown tired of Sauvignon Blanc over the years - especially when it comes to some of the one-dimensional fruit salads that are all over the market. I've pretty much retreated to Sancere, and the occasional Adelaide Hills or Martinborough and when I do drink it, I'm always looking for that mineral core that adds a texture and complexity to a good SB.

This one has that mineral texture with a crunchy acidity and a fruit balance that is right where it needs to be. The nose has a hint of dried banana, but there is a dominant, fresh gooseberry component with some floral elements as well.

Overall this is a SB that I would drink again even at $20+, but at $12, this is a must-have wine for summer and with a texture like this, I reckon it will still be looking good in 18 months.