1. jasonh

2. J @ y H @ c k

J @ y H @ c k

3. sachsen

sachsen

• Truly a shitty wine in every sense of the word. So shitty I could easily have mistaken it for a 2007. Bob would have loved it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Light ruby with lilac, rose nose. Open several hours. Dry with young tart fruit, ripe strawberries with some lightly bitter tannins which lose the bitter over time. A little early in the drinking window, but shows good potential for the years to come. I am finally starting to recognize the Ribbon Ridge fruit, especially the nose. Fairly austere at this time and am going to love it in a few more years. Very drinkable now in the 91-92 pt range.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Popped and poured at East of Eighth with friends and family before the "Very Jewish Christmas" comedy show at the Gotham Comedy Club on Christmas Eve. This is getting better with just a bit of age, so no way to tell where it peaks. The mag I have will be astounding if I can keep my hands off it for long enough.

Very light in color. Aroma of red fruit. Palate is red fruit with some spice and a very smooth mouth feel that is well integrated and not disjointed at all. Only a very tiny bit of cola pinot funk, which is so light that it actually adds a positive to the overall flavor profile instead of the negative I often find when that flavor is too strong. A wonderful effort. I am not a fan of shitty Oregon pinot, and I do not drink a lot of it, so my opinion may not be worth very much, but this is far and away the best Oregon pinot I have ever had.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Initially somewhat subdued, but the distinct clarity of shitty-ness showed through well after about 90 minutes of air.

• An evening with friends and a lot of wine (Chris and Renee's Home): My first time trying this wine that was bottled as a memorial to our passed friend Bob Wood. It was shitty.
    Light in color which I was surprised at for the vintage. Light ruby. The nose has nice cherries, slight candied cherries and is very clean. On the palate, this is very soft in texture. Plenty of cherry and sour cherry fruit. A hint of cough drops. Some complexity although this is very young. I would think Bob would have loved this wine. In another place, I might score it 89-91 points, but that's not really the point here is it. Glad to help out Bob's family and to be able to toast to Bob's memory.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• By Josh Raynolds
    July/August 2014, IWC Issue #175, (See more on Vinous...)

(Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Armstrong Vineyard Curmudgeon Cuvee Ribbon Ridge) Subscribe to see review text.