• While definitely a food wine, this was enjoyable but had a reticent nose, with a bit of mineral and as said on the prior note a touch of cleaner with evergreen popping into mind. This isn't complete vinifera Muscat, but a blend of Muscat Ottonel, and Melon Muscat. That melon muscat comes out on the palate of green melon and papaya, but without the sweetness of papaya. Minerals and some acid show up to make this a good choice for NE seafare, but I much prefer more french Muscat, that seems to have more structure even with the same low price. This did not strike me as Alsace as the other wines. I bought a bottle to see how it cooked up with oysters. Pretty mundane, but I am looking at some replanting with Muscat vines. I need to think this over.

• Simple, basic muscat. Grapefruit on the nose with a slight whiff of something that smells like Pine Sol. On the fuller bodied side, and yet the flavors are more citrusy than anything else. Touch of acidity and just a hint of sweetness on the palate. Paired with pizza and I don't think the wine helped the food or vice versa. Prefer the Heron Hill Riesling or the Casa Large Muscat at this price point I think.