1. moneder

2. linserge

3. bevetroppo

• Having not visited this for a while, it initially seemed a bit hot, which quite surprised me. However, with time that changed and it became the gentle soul I knew and loved. Secondary flavors coming through, but this was better the 2nd day, which is encouraging.

• Time has brought out a higher level of tannin than I'd remembered; this is a good thing, but I'd like to see it a bit more resolved before I tap another bottle.

• Kirsebær, moreller, bringebær, litt pepper og kaffe. Bra balanse mellom syre og frukt. God chianti for årgangen.

• Nice intense ruby colour. On the nose: at first fairly closed, some alcohol, maybe cherry and violet. Then after an hour it improved with a few spices but nothing focused, pleasent though. The strength of this wine is the palate: balanced with medium body, good acidityand texture, although a bit short. A genuine enjoyable bottle. On day two aromas completely faded. Looking at the other reviews, i was expecting something more exciting.

• Look, I know it's absurd but I was confident that within 5 minutes of popping this open tonight that Feb. 21 had to be a fruit day on the biodynamic calendar (imagine how my entire wine tasting worldview might have crumbled it if wasn't!). But it is, it is! I just confirmed it here:

Montesecondo is a biodynamic property, and the first bottle of this vintage a while back redefined Chianti for me. Subsequent bottles have been a little inconsistent, and I couldn't put my finger on why. Call me a horny bastard (don't freak, I'm referring to biodynamic cow horn preparations, although I am also a Capricorn if you must know), but I believe this wine lights up on fruit days. There, I said it.

On fruit days, there is a lilting freshness to Montesecondo Chianti that is miles away from the typical. Nothing heavy, ponderous, or oaky about it. Not to say that other styles aren't enjoyable, but my goodness, this is fun to drink.

Pale and translucent red. Nose very expressive of sweet cherries in a nest of newly cut hay. Silky in the mouth-just a delightful texture, so light and refreshing, cut with a nice lash of acidity and subdued tannins. Delightful with food, and I could drink it all day, or at least all fruit day. It's labeled 14% alcohol but I can't for the life of me figure out where all that alcohol is hiding. I'll probably figure it out tomorrow...

NOTE: Some content is property of