Community Tasting Notes (3)

• First impression - cooked. Not sure though because on taste the flavors are fine - red fruit oriented, tannins smooth. Nice long finish. However, the nose is odd. similar to previous wine. Not sure if I got heat damaged wine at auction. Decanted this time with lots of sediment at the botoom, but there is sediment still in suspension. Next go around will be to stand up the bottle a week or two before.

• Very odd this time around. Color was dark and almost opaque. Nose had a sour note and seemed almost like it was cooked. I wasn't sure. The next day I realized this was almost a pickled cabbage smell. The sediment is what caused the dark color. On taste very odd almost coffee flavors with cranberry. As it opened up the coffee notes don't go away but more spice notes. Complex, toffee, coffee, and dark cherry. Sounds odd as I write, but not overblown oak - it is still burgundy. Complex wine Seems that for the first time I find an effect of the sediment which causes more of the coffee flavor to come through. I let it sit for a while to have the sediment go to the bottom, but it does not really go away. I still find it drinkable and oddly fascinating. Day two similar notes, but the sediment has gone down to the bottom. Interesting evolution of this wine unlike the others in the case. May be bottom of the barrel for all I know.

• Complex nose of earthy notes, spice, and cherry notes of medium intensity. Nice cherry flavors with good tartness, tannins a bit dry and not as long a finish as I would like for a Clos Vougeot, but quite nice anyway. This seems to be approaching its window at this point. Very nice.