Community Tasting Notes (4) Median Score: 92 points

• Cull Party. Corked. But Pmac also brought a bottle (!) that was potable but fortunately not necessary to drink.

• getting tired

• I came across this in the local bottle shop, at the same price as the current release A$25, so I thought why not. If only I was this successful everytime I took a punt. This wine is glorious, it was seamless in the mouth had a great finish for what is essentially a medium bodied wine, and was one of the best all up packages I have tried. Needless to say I was at the same shop the next day when it opened to buy the remaining five bottles. I am now going to give a few more of my Rhone's more time in the cellar.

• It's amazing that a Cotes du Rhone can actually age and evolve as this has. The wine took about an hour in the decanter to open up, and then gave off a beautiful bouquet of red and white soft flowers, black pepper, a bit of sour cherry, and cedar. On the palate, a nice and soft sour cherry, with black pepper, backed by vegetal flavors of carrot, carrot top, parsnip, and celery. Also a bit of forest floor on the palate. The finish is long-lived for a CdR, at about 20-30 seconds, and is well balanced. This is a bargain if you can find it now - very few people would give a 13 year old CdR a chance. Get it if you can!