1. R0lf

R0lf

• INTERESTING bottle of wine. Really. This wine is a 90. Barely. I felt like I could only rate it appropriately after a very weird note that was VERY present on the nose and glass faded away. Which wasn't for about 2.5 hours. I think this wine will top out at 92 or so, but I felt as though I had enough to rate this one appropriately after it opened. The nose was blackberry, green olive, and clove. The palate was a medium+ bodied wine that had a blackberry core, with a green olive note that, at first, was a little obnoxious and kind of limited experiencing the hint of vanilla, shoe leather and smoke that were also here. The opening of the wine was actually quite velvety. Mid-palate was soft, and dominated by a herbal blackberry and grilled meat. The finish showed a little tart berry, a little acidity, and quite a bit tannic. Cork position was good on this bottle, and there was no cork taint. I've got 5 more of these, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. Either way, I think this wine needs to figure some things out and is locked out rather tightly, and I look to NOT drink another one until at least 2016!

• Doft av körsbär, örter och svarta vinbär
    Smak av viol, söta nästan övermogna svarta vinbär, körsbär, örter och laktritstoner.
    Detta är inget vin som jag går igång på. Alldeles för mycket saft för min smak, jag tycker inte att det blir intressant att dricka. Hade jag inte vetat att vinet innehåll mindre än 3 gram socker per liter så hade jag gissat på en mer en dubbelt så hög sockerhalt.

• Luxurious nose; Strong fruit; Modern, expressive red