• Dinner at WKD: Second bottle opened as the first bottle was a bit strange. US Wildman label. Based on previous experience I considered this as one of the greatest Leflaive Chevalier's I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. Tonight, unfortunately, it really did not want to impress us. Never quite opened up although we gave it a lot of time in the glass.

• Tasted blind, this wine had a light yellow center with clear rims. The medium intensity nose showed super ripe pear, acacia flowers, apricot and white soil.

This was another white that had an overall refined impression in the mouth but the fruit was super ripe and palate staining. It had great acidity and length.

I was told the bottle was in virtually perfect condition. This was a very impressive showing for this wine.

• This bottle had 4.5 cm fill so we were a bit concerned but the color was a medium yellow with clear rims. The medium+ intensity nose of dried apricot, lemons, apples, and white flowers was interesting and unique. Its superripe character did not appeal to some but I enjoyed it.

In the mouth, this wine was more balanced and showed an overall refined and creamy texture. It was rich in a subtle way. The acidity was solid but quite diffuse rather than running down the middle of your palate.

Others suggested this bottle was not as good as some which may well be true. However, I did not detect any noteworthy flaws. While the color of this wine suggests it could last, I would suggest drinking this wine sooner rather than latter.

• Dinner at Chef Studio by Eddy, night before we head for Bordeaux.
    Its bro Batard was long heard a better than one, we still carried a high expectation. Straight to the glass, dark gold, nose of floral, citrus, buttery, sense of freshness and strength.
    Pretty enjoyable but declined faster than expected after first hour. Not the perfect sample.

• Roland's boys dinner (Strip House): deep yellow, lots of honeysuckle and sweetness. Not as fresh as the 93.

Vintage Tastings

• By John Kapon
    La Paulee 2008 I, 3/4/2008

(Domaine Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet) Login and sign up and see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of Burghound and Vintage Tastings.