1. Jason Jardine

Jason Jardine

• After an hour. Showing very well. Fresh and still alive. Dark bing cherries, rose petal, dried herbs, tarragon, and spice. Tannins fully resolved on the palate with great balance. May be drying a bit and most likely will not improve. But, drinking great today. Kudos to Ted. I think this is his first effort from Savoy.

• Pinot Cafe: EWG. “Sweet, ripe, sappy, blackberry puree, with earthy, brown spices and sweet leather.” This wine really developped well in the glass. I thought it was a bit overblown at first, but it toned down over the course of the meal and was excellent to come back to. I drank much of this thinking it was a 2005. I was really impressed when I realized it was a 1995! Barely any age showing on this youngster! Good balance, flavors, and I would suspect be even better in 2-5 years? I always need help with these predictions. Please chime in. All the pinots worked very well with the filet mignon and brown sauce. 92.

• Littorai Wine Makers Dinner: Having two women in the same room wanting your time, less was spend on this one. Very integrated flavors with a gentle hand and some earth and mushroom notes along with nice soft fruit.