• Maderized

• decanted 4 hours before serving, Nice fruit very dark brooding appearance, lots of drying tannins on the finish.

• Several days later from memory. I had high expectations for this, not least because the producer was recently highlighted by the knowledgeable staff at one of my favorite boutique retailers. This was the third bottle largely consumed by just two of us with the wives only helping a little, so my impressions weren't ever going to be all that sharp. In this ripe vintage I was anticipating a lot of generous fruit and a satisfyingly rich finale to the evening. Unfortunately, while there was suitable stuffing, it seemed to me that attractive tarry and anise notes were overpowered by an inexplicably chalky flavor that just wouldn't quit and impaired my appreciation, so it came up short. Maybe it was just me.