1. Nike-Raider

• I wanted an old bottle tonight and I went deep to get it. In 93 I laid in a case of 91 Robert Mondavi Cab Sav Napa. Tonight was the final bottle, a last tango with an old friend. The previous one, tried in 2014 had spoiled and I wasn't optimistic about this one.
    After twenty in the decanter, I poured and sampled. There was significant browning, but the nose was true, without a hint of barnyard or funk. Just a whisper of fruit left, with plenty of coffee, tobacco and bakers chocolate.
    The pallet was magnificent, elegant, justifying all the trouble we go to in aging these FKR's. Just enough black fruit up front to remind you that this stuff starts out as grapes. The rest is dark spice, minerals, leather & chocolate. The mid pallet extends into an endless finish of anise, tobacco, and hints of clove. Best bottle of the year by far. 94
    Wish I had more,
    Wish I was tall,
    Wish I could share,
    But I'm drinking it all.

• Amazingly good for a wine that should be well past its prime. Plenty of fruit still. Drink em if you got em.

• Shockingly still good for its age! Light garnet in color. A some funk and a trace of fruit on the nose; fine tannins are still present with muted fruit. Very enjoyable for an elderly wine.

• I tried this wine in July and was very pleased. But now in October, the wine in this bottle is "cooked", very bitter. A real disappointment.

• Expecting this wine to be over - but it turned out to be the star of our 'over the hill' tasting. Still plenty of character. A bit spicy and still some fruit in there. We opened about 45 minutes before drinking and then used an aerator. Going to drink up the remaining bottles in the next 12 months.