• Layer of crystals on the cork. Color - starting to brown, so may be at end of life. Nice and mellow.

• Reminded me of a Pinot Nior. A little sweet, light, and drinkable. One of our favorites when my wife and I want a lighter red wine. Have bought it many times over the last couple of years.

• Drank at Riciotti with Elsa over a veal ravioli and beef carpaccio. I'm not as negative about this as some of the other tasters apparently! I thought it was a fair wine for its price, simple sweet cherry nose, almost candied with air, dry earth, and a slight hint of thyme like herb which disappeared in awhile. No characteristic Chianti stink on the nose, but that showed at the initial attack on the palate with a slightly salty meaty, bready tang. Some red fruit showed, and then a short spicy finish with some alcoholic heat. Mouthfeel was a little rough around the edges, but with decent fine tannins and enough acidity. A disturbingly metallic streak appeared when I had it with the carpaccio, very displeasing. Otherwise, I thought it was a passable wine.

• Best bottle of this wine and the last in my cellar. (Finally!) Can't beat the price, in the $6 range, but still very rough around the edges. I will stick with the Classico's going forward as they tend to be smoother and more structured.

• One more left. Can't wait to get rid of these. I'd gift it, but I'd worry about the giftee thinking I have bad taste.