• After careful cellaring for about five years decided to pop it open upon this programs recommendation. Wasn't sure what to expect as it stated this bottle should have been open in 08. So we gave it a go. Overall not bad. It still has some fruit noticeable even after an hour of being open. The color is a darker straw yellow and very little bubbles left. This much I figured, but on the nose there is a very aged red apple core, and a bit of yellow pear, which overall is very fun and enjoyable. The nose carries over to the palette, as well as a series of baking spices. My wife and I noticed a little cinnamon and uncooked pie dough. If you have a bottle drink soon, as I'm sure it is not going to last a whole lot longer.

• My wife bought this bottle at a charity auction. I thought it would be vinegar when we opened it, but no. It was excellent. Served it to the people we went to the auction with (I figured they would understand). We served cheese and pate as appetizers. The Argyle was an excellent accompaniment and was none the worse for age. I wish I could get another bottle of this.