1. Oenecnist

Oenecnist

• Purchased 10+ years ago from wine.com. It's been stored in a cool, dark basement ever since; and this is the second bottle I've tried. Delicious! Excellent dark ruby color, subdued Bdx nose and body, round and rich, good finish; remarkably little sediment--decanting needed for aeration but not for filtering. Not particularly complex but excellent as the entry-level QCreek red. I was concerned when I read NapaNapa's review from 18 months ago citing "past its prime" and the last favorable TN two years earlier, but the proof was in the bottle. Unlikely to improve but should hold, if well stored, for another 1-2 years at least.

• The wine was good but past its prime. Smooth and pleasant but not much fruit. Bottle drunk four years ago was much better.

• What a surprise this was! Bought on the cheap and didn't expect too much...boy, was I wrong! Really lively and classy. Great red fruit with an excellent mouthfeel, followed by ncie acidity and a long finish. I was not expecting this complete of a wine, and will certainly look for more. Great QPR.

• It was lovely wine with mushroom/cedar nose, and with sufficient tannins for an enjoyable mid-length finish. I wish I had a more!

• My All-Time Favorite Bottle of Wine, perfect with tomato sauce and a couple of hours in the decanter. I fell in love with this bottle in 2004, and just had my second bottle tonight to affirm my love affair. Long finish, complex, still strong tannins that evaporated away after decanting. At first, strong burnt rubber, but that strange flavor burned away. Excellent, best QPR EVER at $30.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    November/December 2003, IWC Issue #111, (See more on Vinous...)

(Quilceda Creek Red Wine Columbia Valley) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Stephen Tanzer
    September/October 2002, IWC Issue #104, (See more on Vinous...)

(Quilceda Creek Red Wine Columbia Valley) Subscribe to see review text.