1. Paracielo

Paracielo

• This bottle was better than the one I had 1 month ago. That is probably because I was more careful while decanting it. While I didn't take notes at drinking I remember the purity of flavors was striking. The pure red cherry flavors along with some very nice tertiary notes, fully integrated tannins and acidity made for a really nice experience. The tannins were fully resolved and very smooth. I only wish that it had had more depth and complexity of flavor but it was outstanding, especially for an entry level wine!!! 90+

• From memory as I did not take notes at time of drinking. Decanted for about 1 hour before drinking, there were a lot of solids but that is ok with me. Had with Pappardelle pasta in Bolognese sauce, meatballs and parmaggiana reggiano cheese (one of my favorite cheeses).
    - Simpler than a Barolo or Barbaresco and that's what it's meant to be. Nice cherry notes, tannins relaxed but present and decent acidity. It left me wishing for a little more depth, but still a very good nebbiolo.

• Second bottle opened, much better than first.
    Good nose at opening, swirled it a bit and let it sit a few minutes.
    Of course a bit tight, but nevertheless good balance, and plenty
    of characteristic Nebbiolo qualities.
    Should be even better tomorrow.
    Anyway, big difference between the two bottles, which I bought at the same time. Go figure.

• Just tried first of two bottles.
    Tastes thinned out, flat surfaced, compressed taste.
    Nebbiolo qualities still there, but alcohol was the first thing I tasted,
    and it remained dominant.
    Clean and well made, but I waited too long to open it.

• This is chugging along nicely. Still seems to be improving or at least maturing. The nose has nice cherries, tar and floral notes. The palate has lost some fruit and there are layers of forest floor, dried cherries and cherries. Nice acidity. I plan on drinking my rest over the next five years or so. No hurry.

• By Antonio Galloni
    Discovering Italy’s Finest Wine Values (Aug 2008), (See more on Vinous...)

(Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Antonio Galloni
    A First Look at the 2004 Barolos (Dec 2007), (See more on Vinous...)

(Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco) Subscribe to see review text.