1. winesteward

2. Wazdakka

Wazdakka

3. subtlet

subtlet

• I thought I had finished my entire stash of this but was happy to find one last bottle at the bottom of the cav recently. Rich, deep, sweet brioche but still crisp on the finish. Nuts and nougat. Very creamy mouthfeel. A style of champagne I really enjoy.

• Better than the last bottle I had in August. Bright gold, still vibrant but with good depth and complexity. Medium (+) body. Nuts, coffee, brioche, lemon. Not as oxidative as the previous example. Fully mature and no need for further aging. Probably as good as it will get.

• Fine effort again. A bit less bubbly than last time. I'm not an expert in Champagnes, but I guess the original price is over the top for this kind.

• Light lemon hue. Cafe au lait, nuts, brioche, and white chocolate. Full bodied and yeasty. Despite the somewhat ponderous flavors, the acidity still manages to keep it fresh. . Good length. This is the style I favor for Champagne although I think this example is starting to show signs of over-maturity as the flavors are getting to be rather heavy. Might be time to drink up the last few bottles.

• Smell of sweet baked vanilla scones, sour apples
    Lively mouth feel - reasonably big but a short "pow" as bubbles don't persist
    Flavors are very enjoyable. Lemon meringue and oxidized apples. A little sweeter than is their vintage champagne.
    Finish is nice and dry and coats the tongue for at least a minute.
    Comparing this against my recollection of the 2000 brut vintage this premium cuvée is not obviously better. It has a nice sweetness mentioned earlier. I call it a draw. For the money, I'd go with the vintage in the future.

Champagne Warrior

NOTE: Some content is property of Champagne Warrior and Vinous.