Community Tasting Notes (4) Median Score: 88 points

• Given the bad reviews and super-low scores received here so far, I wasn't expecting much. But this Faiveley was actually pretty good! Red fruits, light bodied not atypical of red burgundies. Tannins showing at mid-palate started to become more noticeable 30 mins after popping the bottle. Decently balanced easy drinking wine and it paired well with Chinese food. This can last another 5 years easy. Overall a good burgundy at this price range ($30-something).

• C'mon now. I've had some other Faiveley's and was never impressed, but this takes the cake. I know this is their lower-priced...ahem (still $30)...wine, but this is not even worth $5. This wine is a tannic mess and has absolutely no finesse, fruit flavor, or class. If you have the urge to buy this wine, do yourself a favor and suck your exhaust pipe on your vehicle instead. I will not buy any Faiveley wines ever again. My negative experiences have soured me for life.

• Medium ruby. Gorgeous and classy nose with loads of violets, raspberries and cherries. Mid-bodied with very firm, dry tanins, freshness, bright fruit and high acidity. Long finish. A very good village NSG given the vintage. Will imprive with further cellaring. Nicely paired with risotto alle funghi.

• In a comparative tasting with a Lange Willamette Valley 2006 Pinot.
    Brilliant. medium, almost deep for a burgundy. Brick red and close to the rim. a middle aged wine that I do not think will get any better.15
    Even after 2 hours, not much in the nose. I have tasted several of the 2003 vintage and I am not impressed with the nose or taste; a bit of earth, little fruit; pleasant at best; nowhere near the complexity or intensity of the Lange. 24
    Soft tannins; no fruit, almost bitter/astringent tannins on the finish. 30
    I'm disappointed since Faiveley is a great domaine who produces his own wines (not through a negocient). the last very good Burgundy that I enjoyed was by Bernard Dion and Nicolaus Potel, even the Bouchard village wines were much better than this. poor to acceptable. 11
    DRINK NOW. I have one more bottle. Make sure to have this wine with dinner...try a grilled salmon.