• Absolutely beautiful. This bottle was obviously stored very well before my auction purchase several years ago. The cork was still nearly new looking. Haunting aromas of old world fruits, cinnamon, strawberry and sweet tannins. Palate was still quite vibrant with a long and satisfying finish. An excellent finish to an epic Vintage Champagne and Sushi gathering.

• No notes, but this has well framed mature fruit. Quite enjoyable and a big hit with all the winos at the May Day party. No sign of going downhill any time soon.

• William Selyem Offshoot tasting, An Alcohol Tasting, and 1843 Madiera: On my way out the door I grabbed a hold of this bottle with doubts of opening it. When I say that Don was in attendance I knew I would wait till the very end to go grab it from my bag. Don was working in the cellar in 1981 with Joseph Swan so who better to enjoy it with. There was a very nice smile on his face when I placed the bottle along with corkscrew in front of him. The color was light red/brown - bordering on orange. Very light in color with an initial slight funk on the nose which blew off with some air. A beautiful palate of grandfather type fruit, mature and delicate. Not at all difficult to consume multiple glasses of as we did. Very round and smooth. Hints of earth, cherry, and dust and only a touch pungent.