1. Neuneuil

Neuneuil

• 1999 Bordeaux Tasting in San Antonio: At '99 horizontal. I preferred this to the Cos. Similar to my last note on this wine in 5/12 and most mature wine at table. Lots of smoke, tobacco, leather. Great value.

• Beautiful wine that is at its peak. Sweet dark fruit, almost no tannins, superb balance and some mature notes. Nose is classic with dark fruit and some oak. Lacked some complexity to hit low 90:ies. Yet I wish I had more simply due to the pureness and the lovely fruit.

• I brought this wine to BWC (4/29) tasting to see if the group could detect this typically more modern St. Estephe. No one in the group got it, which is easily understandable. I ended up getting to this wine very end of night, so held judgment for today. Nice mature wine with rich red fruit nose with tobacco and cedar. At a perfect juncture in its bottle life. Great with bbq chops.

• BWC - BDX - St Julien and Margaux (Scenic Loop Cafe): By the time I got to this I was totally lost. Mature fruit on the nose, plums, with lots of cedar spice. Prominent oak on the palate, dry tannins, little fruit. Moderate finish, mostly oak notes. Not especially concentrated and seemed to be on the mature side. Guessed ’99, and was thinking probably merlot based on the fruit profile, but couldn’t place the texture of the tannins. A decent wine, but seems to be fading to me.

• This wine has a sentimental note for me since it made me appreciate red wine 25 yrs ago. Furthermore, I brought this bottle back from a visit to St.Estephe and left for six years in my cellar.
    On the nose, ripe fruit with tobacco and leather scents. On the tongue, soft tannins with spicy note and a medium to long finish. It was ready to drink anf quite enjoyable. More than the Tignanello that followed. I may be biaised, but my three companions at the table shared the same opinion. Looking forward to drink other vintages I have in my cellar.