• This wine is dark with some opaqueness. Nose is high-toned red raspberries & violet, something akin to the Howards Scented Gum from my youth---very interesting. Palate shows red currant, raspberries, the violets with some other spring flowers. It's been 5 years since I last had this and it has evolved nicely: it's pure and fantastically balanced with deftness and focus. I drink so much Napa Cabernet that but I can really appreciate Sonoma at its best, and this is in that group. Tannins have resolved nicely and acidity lithy and alive. Finish brings in some notes of cedar and espresso beans? Yep. Goes darker toward the back of the palate as well. Lots of life left in this one and glad I have more. I will serve this only to my best guests..... (wink:wink)

• By Josh Raynolds
    May/June 2007, IWC Issue #132, (See more on Vinous...)

(Arnot Roberts Cabernet Sauvignon Bugay Vineyard Sonoma Coast) Subscribe to see review text.