Made with 100% Cabernet Sauvignon - 72% was sourced from the Jimsomare vineyard with the remaining 28% from Monte Bello. Deep, dark purple in the glass I found earthy, meaty, toasty aromas. The palate is suprisingly fresh. Primary fruit has given way to pepper and spice. Good acidity and refreshing finish.
At Singer and Foy survey of Ridge wines. Tremendous black ruby color. Nose is complex, rich, ripe; VERY nice. Palate is also good, though not the equal of the nose. Overall a decent wine. 5-12-15-7: 89/100.
Professional reviews have copyrights and you can view them here for your personal use only as private content. To view pro reviews you must either subscribe to a pre-integrated publication or manually enter reviews below. Learn more.
(Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Jimsomare) Bricking, medium dark red violet color; mature, dried mushroom, tobacco, oyster mushroom nose; tasty, mature, tart black currant, tart berry, dried mushroom, tart black cherry palate with medium acidity; medium-plus finish