1. Wine maestro

2. ogres3

ogres3

3. Johnahieb

Johnahieb

• One of my favorite wines. 14th bottle I've drunk. Had this side by side with the 03, both superb but slight edge to 05

• Great wine. I think time in the bottle did great things for this one.

• ---
    COLOR: Deep garnet
    NOTE: Nose is sweet framboise liqueur, hints of garrigue and tar. Mouth is incredibly opulent, full of ripe red raspberry preserves and boysenberry jam. Lots of complicated savory notes in the mouth as well that really barrel on through to the complex finish. Mesquite in there somewhere? This is so good and brings me back for sip after sip. Still fresh, but probably peaking. Enjoy over the next couple of years.

Now that it was revealed as my favorite Grenache ever I’m not surprised. Glad this bottle (my last) is showing so well and that I have a few more trips I can make to it thanks to my Coravin.

DECANT: 3-5 hours
    GLASS USED: Pinot Noir
    TASTE: 9.6+
    COST: 143
    VALUE: 6.0
    TRY AGAIN: now - 2016
    PRE-POUR LEVEL: 100%
    PAIRING:
    Inquiries can be addressed to troypeterson@usa.net
    ---

• My last bottle. I put this up against a great 2010 CNdP, and people were blown away by this wine. So smooth and velvety. Wish I had more.

---
    Opened up after 2 hours in glass -- alcohol is still too forward, but strong fruit is now more nuanced and showing some interesting herbal notes. Finish is stunning.

• By Josh Raynolds
    November/December 2007, IWC Issue #135, (See more on Vinous...)

(Saxum Vineyards James Berry Vineyard Rocket Block Paso Robles) Subscribe to see review text.