• Popped and poured this on Saturday night. A friend and I were talking recently about how we wanted to start drinking more Sancerre so I decided to buy this while I was at my wine locker this past weekend. I've heard good things about Boulay and own a 2006 Monts Damnes. I don't want to say this wine was disappointing but just wasn't quite as good as I was hoping. Not much on the nose but eventually gave a little bit of minerality and some melon as it warmed up. Very tight in the mouth as with the aroma but did generate some decent fruit, stone, and zing after some time. No definite presence of oak, which for me is a good thing in a sauvignon blanc. All in all a decent wine but a pass for me at $23 as I can find better NZ SB for $8-$10 cheaper. 87 pts.

• recommend. will try again

View From the Cellar

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    10/13/2007, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 88 points

(Gérard Boulay Sancerre Chavignol) Fresh grapefruit nose; tart, solid, medium-bodied, grapefruit palate; medium finish

NOTE: Some content is property of View From the Cellar and RJonWine.com.