1. bjlcrucrazy

bjlcrucrazy

2. Pmarcrae

Pmarcrae

• Beautiful nose and texture but this wine is shut down now and shut down tight. Triple Decanted for 2-3 hours before serving and not giving anything away. I will rest my other bottle for at least 10 years.

• Let me not mince words: this is the best wine I've ever had. By a great distance. The nose is full of bright red cherries and a light dose of a mushroom-y forest floor fragrance. The structure and mouthfeel are incredibly velvety, and waves of flavors washed over my palate for over a minute. I was completely unable to identify the traditional mid-palate transition because it just kept attacking with new waves of red berries, creme, and savory acidity. The finish went on and on. It was so delicious, I wanted to drink faster, yet so complex I wanted to savor every millisecond. This was a life-changing wine for a lifelong Northern and Southern Rhone lover.

• Second showing consistent with the first. An absolute blockbuster wine, showing brilliantly. This is the best 2005 Burgundy I have yet tasted, many of the others have shut down. Not this one. An absolutely stellar wine, tons of fruit, a gorgeous nose, and a tremendous finish. The highest recommendation. On a related note, I did not like the '03 version of this wine it was alcoholic and unbalanced -- this is a completely different wine. A+

• Given the hype, I wanted to dislike this wine. But, the quality here is undeniable. Most surprising to me was how accessible the wine is at this stage, right out of the bottle from the first pour. I am sure it will gain in complexity over time, but the fruit and depth is very enticing now. A stellar Clos de Beze, highly recommended.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    March/April 2008, IWC Issue #137, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine Perrot Minot Chambertin Clos de Beze Vieilles Vignes) Subscribe to see review text.

Burghound

• By Stephen Tanzer
    March/April 2007, IWC Issue #131, (See more on Vinous...)

Burghound

Burgundy-Report

• By Bill Nanson
    4/1/2008, (See more on Burgundy-Report...)

(Perrot-Minot Christophe Chambertin Clos-de-Bze) Medium-plus colour. The nose has width and a lovely creamy depth that’s edged with faint toffee. It’s not the deepest coloured, but this is very concentrated and coupled to lovely acidity. Super, balanced presentation. Understated but very, very impressive, it will need years in the cellar to provide complexity.

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and Burghound and Burgundy-Report.