• Nineteen vintages of DRC Montrachet: The 2001 was a rock star. Expected, given the vintage, but this was off the charts.

• Never had such an experience! A combination of elegant but rich aroma of mature chardonnay with solid support of nice acidity and mineral palate. Only it did not last as long as I assumed. Great wine!!!

• Il naso è molto bello, esplosivo fin da subito ma poi si ferma su toni floreali bianchi senza mutare molto e senza espandersi. La bocca invece è imponente ed equilibrata al tempo stesso, quasi salata più che acida, ma anche succosa. Probabilmente deve ancora aprirsi del tutto al naso.

• I had the pleasure of trying my first Montrachet from DRC during a DRC 2001 dinner. I must say that this was the BEST white wine I have ever had!!! wines were double-decanted 2 hours prior to the dinner. The color was a deep, rich gold; the nose was phenomenal...dense with noisettess. The taste was luscious, thick and layered. There was an incredible amount of power and acidity, yet this wine is so well-balanced and the finish goes on FOREVER!!!

This wine did incredibly well with food pairing from a spinach and portebella bisque to a black truffle brie to even a beef wellington.

In fact, compared to the reds in the same vintage, this wine had the most power and balance...the best of the bunch, with the La Tache in second place and the DRC showing weakly in this grouping.

The Montrachet is expensive but for a special occasion, well worth the experience! I loved it!!!

• By Antonio Galloni
    La Festa del Barolo 2015 (Apr 2015), 2/1/2015, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine De La Romanée-conti Montrachet Grand Cru) Subscribe to see review text.

Vintage Tastings

• By John Kapon
    DRC Weekend, 7/6/2009

(DRC Montrachet) Login and sign up and see review text.

Burghound

Burghound

Burgundy-Report

• By Bill Nanson
    7/1/2004, (See more on Burgundy-Report...)

(Romanée-Conti Montrachet) The colour is tending towards gold but I'd still describe it as medium lemon yellow. The nose is not obviously fruity, but shows amazing depth - you fall into a bottomless pit of butterscotch, fresh bread and faint vanilla. The nose really set me up for what I expected to be a very fat and powerful wine - I was only half right: the palate is neither fat nor in any way heavy. The very fine acidity carries the lace-like texture into an incredible finish - I had to go away and eat some bread as I could still taste this wine when I was supposed to be tasting the Échézeaux. An almost ethereal experience - I was truly impressed.

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and JancisRobinson.com and Vintage Tastings and Burghound and Burgundy-Report.