• Il naso è molto bello, esplosivo fin da subito ma poi si ferma su toni floreali bianchi senza mutare molto e senza espandersi. La bocca invece è imponente ed equilibrata al tempo stesso, quasi salata più che acida, ma anche succosa. Probabilmente deve ancora aprirsi del tutto al naso.

• I had the pleasure of trying my first Montrachet from DRC during a DRC 2001 dinner. I must say that this was the BEST white wine I have ever had!!! wines were double-decanted 2 hours prior to the dinner. The color was a deep, rich gold; the nose was phenomenal...dense with noisettess. The taste was luscious, thick and layered. There was an incredible amount of power and acidity, yet this wine is so well-balanced and the finish goes on FOREVER!!!

This wine did incredibly well with food pairing from a spinach and portebella bisque to a black truffle brie to even a beef wellington.

In fact, compared to the reds in the same vintage, this wine had the most power and balance...the best of the bunch, with the La Tache in second place and the DRC showing weakly in this grouping.

The Montrachet is expensive but for a special occasion, well worth the experience! I loved it!!!

JancisRobinson.com

Burghound

JancisRobinson.com

Burghound

Vintage Tastings

• By John Kapon
    DRC Weekend, 7/6/2009 94 points

(DRC Montrachet) We started Friday night at Robuchon with a 2001 DRC Montrachet, whose nose jumped out of the glass with that DRC class. Sweet butter, musk heaven and a core of richness flirted with that touch of botrytis that the DRC Montys almost always have. The palate was shut down, however, leaving a soft and confused impression at first. There was nice, light grit and decent length but that soft impression never left. Flavors of white tea and ‘crushed almonds’ were present (per Mr. Wine Vegas, aka Gil), but this 2001 was definitely in a bit of a dumb phase

Burgundy-Report

• By Bill Nanson
    7/1/2004, (See more on Burgundy-Report...)

(Romanée-Conti Montrachet) The colour is tending towards gold but I'd still describe it as medium lemon yellow. The nose is not obviously fruity, but shows amazing depth - you fall into a bottomless pit of butterscotch, fresh bread and faint vanilla. The nose really set me up for what I expected to be a very fat and powerful wine - I was only half right: the palate is neither fat nor in any way heavy. The very fine acidity carries the lace-like texture into an incredible finish - I had to go away and eat some bread as I could still taste this wine when I was supposed to be tasting the Échézeaux. An almost ethereal experience - I was truly impressed.

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com and Burghound and Vinous and Vintage Tastings and Burgundy-Report.