• this is much more complex than I remember and has developed quite nicely. Needed about 1 hr to open up. Cherry, cedar, and dusted berries giving way to a juicy core that was very bright and alluring. Finish was medium to long with baking spices.
    Drinking great now and the brightness indicates it has more shelf life if needed.
    Well done.

• Columbia Gorge Tasting & 30 year old wines on my 30th birthday (Columbia Gorge and My House): I've never had a Lemberger before, so I was excited to try this. This varietal is most common in Germany, Austria, and other central European countries. It's often known as Blaufränkisch there (in case Lemberger wasn't German enough). Very interesting... this wine has a very strong Italian wine nose. Almost smells like a Sangiovese. I get crush cranberries and strawberries on the mid-palate, as it is fairly drying. Finish is dry with big dark fruits. All aspects of this wine remind me of an Italian wine. This may have been the first stop on the trip, but this was an interesting enough wine that I picked up a bottle. Good stuff, and never would have guessed its origin.