1. geppetto

2. MY458

MY458

3. cabber

cabber

• Time has been kind to this wine. Nice classic CDP. Barnyard blew off in about 15 minutes. The bottle was singing after an hour. Still has quite a bit of life in it.

• Aging very very ... smooth and lost its tannins which is the way I like it.

• Nice ruby color, funky but not unpleasant nose at first, red fruit, earth, taste of cherry, herbs, eucalyptus, medium body, balanced, long finish. Has held up well, but won't wait too long to drink my last bottle.

• Who set the window on this? This wine is still holding.

I bought two bottles ages ago. I drank one on my birthday in 2007, and I remember it being a nice wine that didn't blow me away.

Well, I forgot all about this one in a random case in our wine locker. So last week I am doing some cleaning and I take it out (along with half a dozen CA wines that are now vinegar, and tonight because I had no reason not to, I pop the cork. Upon first sniff I am certain the wine is done. I Pour it. Color is nice, so I let it sit for 15 minutes or so. I take a sip and its absolutely f***ing fantastic! This is a lovely CDP, and it only got nicer as the hour went on. Dare I say that this may have another couple years that you could play with?
    Tabacco, Cherries, dark pruned syrah. Everything right about CDP with a little age and a little less bite than I have come to love. It has elegantly maintained a decent structure and quality.
    Admiring the bottle now, I see the original price tag of $44.99 - which in my book is a steal for what I had tonight.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Extremely fresh and delicious. Clear ruby color, with a trace of orange at the rim. Surprisingly clean cork without sediment or crystals. Fruity, well balanced tannins.

The Rhone Report

RJonWine.com

12/20/2007, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 92 points

(E. Guigal Châteauneuf-du-Pape) Light medium garnet red color; beefy nose with a hint of cinnamon; light-medium bodied, tasty, beef, garrigue; medium finish
    11/27/2004, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 90 points

(E. Guigal Châteauneuf-du-Pape) Nice peppery nose; light-medium bodied, borscht, red fruit and pepper palate; short-medium finish
    6/26/2004, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 92 points

(E. Guigal Châteauneuf-du-Pape) Beet nose; nice, beet, beef palate with a touch of horseradish; medium finish

NOTE: Some content is property of The Rhone Report and Vinous and RJonWine.com.