1. nmoreilly

2. Shouzen

Shouzen

3. Schiffy

Schiffy

• I had my first bottle 6 years ago. We were guests of this winery the year this vintage was harvested and it was anticipated it would do well. Turns out it won accolades. And in 2009 when I tried it I rated it very highly. But on opening our second of four bottles today (decanted for 2 hours) I feel as though the wine is quite hot. It is possible my palate has changed and I prefer blended / Bordeaux style wines more than I did back then. My reading on this now is tart cherry, pepper, chalk. I am concerned this will not improve over time.

• Wow! I'm so glad I waited for this to turn 10 years old. Opaque purple color turning violet at the rim with a transparent rim. The nose gives off high octane notes of dark berries, licorice, cola, cocoa and tobacco notes. The palate is full-bodied with a rich, decadent, velvety texture. Flavors of blackberry, currant, blueberry, cola, cigar box, espresso, and graphite form the core. It's got a 40-second finish with hints of earth, dried herbs and spice. This has come together so well in its 10th year - very well-integrated, harmonious and so alive! My only regret is that it's my last bottle. Drink now until 2025.

• Same as previous

• Drinking well right now. Very lush and full of fruitiness, although the body is lightened by the Carmenere grapes. Tannins subdued. Needs at least a few hours of decanting before it comes into its own.

• - Garnet color with slow forming legs. It's in total harmony and has flavours of black olive, cherry and strawberry jam with a medium/full body. Satin-Like texture with a long finish - Great wine and well balanced.

• By Josh Raynolds
    March/April 2008, IWC Issue #137, (See more on Vinous...)

(Casa Lapostolle Clos Apalta Colchagua Valley) Subscribe to see review text.