1. Parko82

2. Andrew67

3. Italiana

James Halliday Australian Wine Companion

• By Jon Rimmerman
    2/22/2008, (See more on Garagiste...)

(CAMBRIAN Tatiarra) Weekend SPECIAL

Dear Friends,

I know we already had our Friday Special but this was just confirmed and it was too good of a price to pass up (so, I'll call it the Weekend Special). If you acquired this wine at a higher tariff, you may want to think about doubling down - it’s that good.

Any way you slice it, this is just an amazing price on the current release and it is as direct form the source as you can get in the US. One of my favorite wines year in and year out climbs to new heights in 2006 - a standout in any company, the Cambrian is one of only a handful of Australian Shiraz that can pummel nearly any wine, from any region of the wine world - even Hermitage. If you are looking for the best of the best but don’t want to pay a fortune for the top-tier, here you go.

For more information, including a quote by your’s truly (without my consent), please see Nick’s review (we have no relation to Nick’s):

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for outstanding quality, precision, and reflection of ancient site-place - not to mention incredible varietal tone.

ONE SHIPMENT ONLY at this price with perfect provenance

2006 Tatiarra Cambrian Shiraz (Victoria)

Please give us your maximum number and we will allocate accordingly

Jon Rimmerman
    Seattle, WA

• By Jon Rimmerman
    12/6/2007, (See more on Garagiste...)

(Tatiarra CAMBRIAN) 2006 Tatiarra

Dear Friends,

Over the last five vintages I’ve bestowed every possible accolade on this wine that I could muster - it is what it is: one of the greatest wines in the world. We pioneered this wine in the US 4-5 years ago (in The Big Australian Review) and I’m happy to see it has earned the respect it so dooly deserves - from the toughest critics: you. The 2006 vintage is in very limited supply (only a few retailers will have the 2006 as compared to previous vintages) and it will probably be the most admired of the Cambrian series for its sheer wall of rock personality (I think there are only 100 cases of the 2006 coming to the US - as opposed to several thousand for something like Grange so take note).

Where the Pressings has more of a round character within the wall of rock, this is just plain stone-faced with an elegance that is like Margaux of Shiraz - it should age for a long time. Think 2005 Cambrian mixed with something like Palmer and you will be close. An incredible achievement for any wine producing region of the world.

See this link - it pretty much says it all (we have no relation):

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as one of the greatest wines produced in the world (and I’m hardly a Shiraz fan):

2006 Tatiarra Cambrian Shiraz (WA92-95)

Jon Rimmerman
    Seattle, WA

NOTE: Some content is property of James Halliday Australian Wine Companion and Vinous and Garagiste.