1. jeginmt

2. odds

3. FoodMuse

Community Tasting Notes (10) Median Score: 93 points

• Second bottle of this one in six months.... This time (At home) more decanting time was given which was rewarding. So rewarding we finished the bottle in less than two hours :-) I remain in agreement with the previous notes (some reach the six year line now) ) re: eucalyptus and mint were noted. More spice and earthy notes than I recalled in April. Color wise, more of the brown/brick signs. Fruit wise, I would say we noticed a lot of berries on palate, less of currant compared with the tasting in April. Similar to April, more notable the earthy notes (cedar, pencil). The finish was certainly longer this time. Maybe much longer. Great much to the steak and side dishes. Very enjoyable. This time, certainly earned a ~94 or even abit above

Summary: we drank it in the same year (2016) because we were concerned wrt mixed reviews on aging. Our final opinion is--good storage conditions stored wines would last longer.

• A wonderful elegant older cab, dark red, medium bodied, nice currant flavors with earthiness, very well balanced. Improved considerably two hours after opening. I have a few Mondavis from the eighties and they don't disappoint.

• A decision was to enjoy a nice, older cab with no good reason but the weekend (okay, and a nice meal). It delivered. From PnP it had good floral nose, but more earthy. imho, typical for a wine in that age and good storage conditions. Decanted for 30 minutes or so and taken to the restaurant, then just stayed in the open bottle.
    I agree with previous notes (from almost five years ago!) that the eucalyptus and mint were noted. On teh color- red brick, with nice brown/brick signs. Still lots of fruit on the palate (currant, berries?) though more dominantly the earthy notes (cedar, pencil, a bit tabacco and chocolate?). Medium finish that got somewhat longer over the evening. I would say after an hour or so it got to the ideal length/balance point.
    By the age of this bottle, variations of storage conditions and bottles may occur. We were lucky and got a very good bottle. Given the variation of notes I see on CT, we may drink the other bottle we have in the foresee future.

~93 and we left a nice taste for the house to enjoy. Caring is sharing.

• past its prime but still drinkable

• Order out of Chaos (Ardeo, Washington DC): A proud example of aged Napa Valley Cab. very refined but still quintessentially Napa. Menthol, sweet cherry tobacco and cassis. Finishes smooth with some suppleness. Great stuff.