1. pmarlo

2. CLo

CLo

3. corkscrews

corkscrews

• Very nicely balanced wine at this stage of it's life. Acidity and fruit just about perfectly matched. A smoothness in balance and yet it feels dense at the same time, like I was drinking something at a higher SpG. Nice finish that lasted over 20 seconds. Fruit had a touch sweetness which let me know it was still hanging around, yet the additional age has brought out a structure. This was pleasant to enjoy on it's own. I know their RRV always seem to trail behind their Sonoma offerings but I have to wonder if the RRV's need a good 6-10 years to develop, as I suspect they may have more tannins and skin that requires time to chemically combine. And the wine deepened in flavor over the time we enjoyed it. CT says I'm a year over but this is not at all over the hill. My lone solder in the cellar may have to be tried in another 2-3 and I have confidence it will be ready to muster. Recommended.

• My notes are consistent with my previous bottle. This is a luscious, beautiful pinot noir that is just entering its ideal drinking window. It is perfect now, and I expect it will still be wonderful several years from now. This is pinot not mean to be analyzed, studied and dissected. It is pinot meant to be shared and enjoyed with old and special friends. On a side note, fwiw, this particular bottling has charmed people. On separate occasions, I have had people, who love wine but are not necessarily connoisseurs, tell me that this best wine they have ever had. I've never had that response from any other pinot, or any other vintage of KB for that matter.

• Very nice.

• Popped and poured, nose of black cherry, hints of cola. On the palate, sour cherry, cola, spice. Nice acidity on the finish but lacks grip. This is on the downhill. If you have them drink them.

• Opened for Great Eight game. Medium bodied. Dark notes of toast, hoisin, plum, cola, black cherry, pomegranate, sassafras, cinnamon, dank strawberry, wet rock. Lacking vibrancy and electricy, given the vintage this is surprising, and somewhat one dimensional upon open. Better with air, showing more depth, roasted and smoky notes. I think air benefits this - give it 4 hours of air. Should continue to age.

JancisRobinson.com

Burghound

PinotReport

• By Josh Raynolds
    May/June 2009, IWC Issue #144, (See more on Vinous...)

(Kosta Browne Winery Pinot Noir Russian River Valley) Subscribe to see review text.

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    10/25/2009, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 91 points

(Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Russian River Valley) Dark cherry red color with pale meniscus; cherry, tart berry, oak nose; big cherry, black cherry, oak palate, tight yet; medium finish

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com and Burghound and PinotReport and Vinous and RJonWine.com.