• Very rustic, lighter style of Sangiovese. It might be entering a decline as our bottle seemed a little weak.

• Light red color , leather , red fruits , cherries , autumn leaves , on the palate round , balanced , savoury and with a long finish . Difficult to stop pour more glasses.

• Decanted for 1 hour, drank with chicken parmigiana & pasta dinner. There was very little sediment (was it filtered?). I will decant the next bottle another hour longer.
    - Color was ruby red but lighter than I expected it to be.
    - Smoke and red cherry on the nose
    - At first tannins were a little stiff but they relaxed with more time & air exposure. Flavors of smoke, red cherry, spices and earthiness mixed with good acidity.

I heard that 2005 was a somewhat challenging year and the addition of declassified grapes that usually go into La Pergola Torte bottling definitely helped. I do question longevity of this wine as the fruit was lighter (more faded?) than what I expected it to be when I first tasted this bottling back in 2011. I think now is a good time to be drinking this wine and I do recommend decanting it. 90+

• Lovely floral, light nose with subtle tobacco and elegant finish. Low alcohol. Delicious wine. A little cloudy in the glass though. Good sense of terroir. Can I say that about an Italian wine? Too late now.

• A very elegant wine with pleasent aromas of leather, tobacco and dried flowers. Complex nose that developed during two hours. Fruity in terms of cherries. Tannins have melted down completely so this was enjoyed without food. Good value for an IGT from Tuscany. This one surprised me in terms of maturity, it shows tertiary aromas already and clearly on its top now. Will soon head downhill, drink up while you can!