• I hadn't had any zin in a while so I popped this one. Fruit very solid on the nose with hints of pepper and backyard. A great dense mouthfeel that shows off the dark fruits. I had no idea that it had 15.7% ABV until I read the bottle. No noticeable alcohol heat the wine is that well balanced.

• Even better than the bottle I had in the spring. Exotic, deep red fruit dominates, with a unique nose that I can't find the words to describe, but certainly enjoyed.

• Popped and poored, with some vinturi use. Tight nose, showing some dark fruit. Palate is similarly tight, but some spice and bramble to go with the dark fruits. All flavor components were predictably more noticeable at the end of the bottle than at the beginning. Overall this wine should be decanted for at least an hour, or more likely held for 6-12 months, and then still decant a bit.

• 15.7% alcohol. Deep red color. Jammy nose of spicy black fruit and hints of pepper. In the mouth, lush and fruit-driven, with a gorgeous mouth feel and power that remains balanced. An explosion of fruit in the mouth, with peppery complexity and spice supporting solid acidity. Strong finish with no signs of heat. A-

• PnP. Deep Violet red. Nose has jammy blue and black berries with spice and bramble. Very fleshy palate with deep, rich fruit and balancing spicy component and soft tannins. There is light acidity (thank goodness - it needs some of this for balance). Not much complexity or finesse, but I don't expect that from a Zin, but this does have a very nice sense of balance that I don't often find in Zin (but I don't look that often either).