1. jnanz

jnanz

• On opening I thought this was way past prime, unrecoverable -- over maybe 3 hours it actually opened up, showing vastly improved (but still not in-your-face) Pax fruit. I'd say it's time to drink up, but do be patient on opening with either a decant or long time in the glass to let it show.

• after several ripe, plummy Pax's I didn't have too much hope for this one, as I have been dutifully opening them to go through my remaining bottles. This one is a pleasant surprise. While ripe, rich and full, the most noticeable element is the nervy, vibrant acidity. This is evident on first taste and gets better with 30 minutes of air. The nose is on the sweeter side and reminds me of a Carlisle. The palate is impressive, and has a lot of good stuff going on.

• WIML90

Tasted non blind at a wine dinner.

Purple color in the glass, clear looking throughout. Nose of roasted meat, currants, plums and black berries. Flavors of currants, plums and berries. Medium acidity, medium tannin, full bodied. Drink or hold.

• Excellent syrah. Black fruit nose with smoked meat notes. The palate resonates the black fruit profile and meaty flavors combined with a strong olive profile. Super dark and briney. Tannins still provide texture but are calming a bit. I'll hold my next (last) bottle for 4 or 5 more years.

• Just had a 07 Walker, which was more approachable at this stage. I love this wine, but needs more time and/or more decanting.