1. floridawinedrkr

2. photo

3. astrauss

• Had with steak. Decanted for 2 hours. Everything you could want from this wine.

• Great Cali Cab in good balance;

• Outstanding deep, bold, big Cabernet. Needed a 4 hour decant but was still outstanding. Smooth, rich, dark chocolate, warm vanilla extract, chocolate covered cherries, cinnamon, and earth. This baby is built to last. Lots of time left.

• Found this on the wine list at Son'z Maui at the Hyatt Regency by Lahaina. We were celebrating our 31st wedding

Superb nose of blackberries, chocolate, mint and meat. I could smell it sitting in the decanter 2 feet away. Decanted for
    90 minutes while we enjoyed some Champagne and Chablis with our starters. Opaque purple in the glass. Almost
    "chewy" in your mouth. Big big on the palate with more meat, cassis and dark cherries. Smooth as silk with a wonderful
    lingering finish. It seemed to get more lush and powerful over the next 2 hours. Paired with a bone in ribeye and Ahi Tuna
    it was the perfect compliment. Probably could have used more air time.

Ok. I really liked it. My note is no doubt enhanced by the fact I was sitting on Maui overlooking the Pacific
    with my beautiful wife of 31 years.

I think I will try one at home with a long slow ox to see what is possible.
    Enjoy !!!

• Decanted for 8 hours and then drank after a Laurent 96 clos de la Roche and a 90 leoville and Bill Harlan's idea of creating a napa first growth or thereabouts held up. The vecina was excellent with integrated silky tannins, mouth filling flavor of chocolate, cassis, fine tobacco, dark fruits, and a lengthy finish. Yum! One lonely copy left now.

• By Richard Jennings
    2/23/2012, (See more on 93 points

(Bond Vecina) Opaque black red violet color; aromatic, tart black fruit, black fig, ripe black currant, anise nose; ripe black fruit, black fig, black plum, blackberry palate; medium-plus finish

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and