1. BcDuncan

2. tj4short

• full bodied great taste still

• Color: Clear, medium garnet, fading toward the rim.
    Nose: Ripe blackberry and black cherry, cola, liquorice, mushroom, earthier than I was expecting and remember from previous bottles. A touch of bret?
    Palate: Medium + body, acidity, alcohol with softened medium tannins. Lots of blackberry and raspberry (especially on the rather long finish).

Last bottle of my '07 Three Valleys from the cellar. At it's peak. I think I enjoyed it more in it's youth. Recently compared side by side with the 2012 which I preferred.

Shared this with Adrian L. who really enjoyed it.

• An attractive, semi-trabslucent garnet in color, lightening only slightly at the edge. Has a classic Sonoma nose of crushed dark berries, earth and dried herbs. Full-bodied, but not heavy or over-done. Offers a juicy mouthful of ripe raspberry and blackberry fruit, with hints of spice and oak. This is long and well-balanced too. Not quite as deep or complex as the 2007 Geyserville, but very enjoyable - and only half the price. Paired very nicely with our grilled beef filets.

• I was given this wine as a gift. Really enjoyed it: a juicy, highly varietal Zin with ripe, slightly tart red fruits, good definition, nice long finish.

• A beautiful wine! May be at it's peak now but I would have no problem keeping this wine a few more years. Excellent balance with fruit and spice notes. Wish I had more!
    The wine looks ruby colored. The legs are medium. There is light sediment in the bottle.

Do you find this review helpful? Yes - No / Comments (1)