1. DaneM

2. Grizz17

1 Tasting Note

3. memphishusky

• Didn't get as much fruit as I was hoping for. Lots of wood and tobacco with soft tannins. I will finish the rest of my bottles soon.

• Simply wonderful. Probably drank too early, I suspect this Cabernet has years of cellaring left... but wow, certainly enjoyed it!

• Hmmm. This is a very fine wine. And it has that taste, that I can't easily describe but is comparable to other wines that I also like. It would amuse me greatly if I could identify what, precisely, is that taste. I can tell you that it lives at the roof of my mouth. I can tell you that it arrives mid way through, and not at the beginning and not at the end. However - I cannot tell you more than that in terms of a useful metaphor, simile or analogy such as cat litter or camphor. I can tell you that it tastes like a wine under $50 but more than $15. Generally speaking.

Remember the taste I described earlier? When a wine has this taste, but it is elongated, or rather, stretched, then the value of the wine is either double or triple this particular Januik. That wine, the one, that this one only has a hint of its characteristics, that wine would be worth between $40 and $112. So. Will I buy more Januik? I might. I will not be disappointed say if, at a party with friends, or at a random restaurant, this was the wine to drink.

• Solid wine. Loved the cedar/cigar box aromas

• Pure Champoux goodness. Filled with dark fruits, graphite, tobacco, and the unmistakable stamp of this special vineyard. Just coming into its prime, the tannins have softened, but there is still plenty of fruit and a long finish. Glad I have one more.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    November/December 2009, IWC Issue #147, (See more on Vinous...)

(Januik Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard Horse Heaven Hills) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of and Vinous.